Imagine the pieces of the Internet as a series of
gears and cogs in a complex and constantly
Now imagine that the largest,
most powerful gear in the engine is your
What do we find there?
What we should find…is Content:
• Information that tells your customer how your product or service helps them solve a problem or fulfill a need
• This is where you sell yourself to the public. This is your message.
• Despite how important your offerings may be to your audience, they won’t be likely to find your content unless you mesh the gears of your website with other channels of communication.
• This is where you show off your expertise.
• Show people that you’re the “Subject Matter Expert”.
• Blogging sites include: BlogSpot, blogger & more.
• 250 million bloggers post on-line regularly
• Where you create and build relationships
• Where you tell your customers about new things happening within the company
• Provide little tidbits on how to use your product or services,
• Or write anything else you think they want to hear about.
Popular Email sites:
• Vertical Response
• Constant Contact
• Mail Chimp
Articles and PR Releases
• Another great way to let people know that you’re relevant and continue to add value to your offerings.
• Google has new restrictions on re-using content
• The next best thing to a personal meeting.
• If a picture is worth a thousand words,
• Then video is far more valuable than static text on a web page.
• Why tell when you can show?
Popular Video hosting sites
• Daily Motion
• Search engine optimization
• Makes your website rank more highly for the content your audience is searching for.
• Targeted Keywords your audience will use to find you.
• Backlinks from other relevant websites
• It takes more than keywords to reach page one ranking.
• Search Engine Marketing
• Pay-Per-Click is advertising that helps your audience find you quicker.
• PPC helps you control your destiny in an internet crowded with competition.
• You can control how much you spend
• So, it’s all about the message
• Content is King
• Deliver it so that it attracts people to your website.
• Your Internet marketing efforts should answer the question: “Why should I do business with you and not the other guy?”
Part 2 – Why you and not the other guy?